A powerful reverse image search tool, with support for various search engines, such as Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu and TinEye.
Search by Image is an Opera extension which enables you to initiate a reverse image search from the right-click context menu or the browser toolbar, and comes with support for more than 30 search engines.
Images positioned at the selected area are detected regardless of how they were embedded in the page. The extension also supports uploading local images, searching for video frames, capturing details within images, and searching for images from private sites.
The continued development of Search by Image is made possible thanks to the support of awesome backers. If you'd like to join them, please check out https://armin.dev/go/patreon
The "Allow access to search page results" option must be checked for the extension on the chrome://extensions page, otherwise it may not work as expected.
A diverse set of reverse image search engines are supported, which can be toggled and reordered from the extension's options. Visit the wiki for the full list of supported search engines.
A handful of search modes are offered that serve different use cases. The search mode can be set independently for the context menu and browser toolbar from the extension's options.
• Select (context menu and toolbar): select an image on the page, then search for the image URL, whenever possible. Blob and data URLs will still be handled as image uploads. This is the default search mode.
• Select & upload (context menu and toolbar): select an image on the page, then fetch the image, possibly from the browser cache, and upload it. This search mode is preferred for sites which do not allow direct linking of images or are otherwise private.
• Capture (context menu and toolbar): select and capture a page area, then upload it.
• Upload (toolbar): select or drop an image from your device, or paste it from the clipboard, then upload it.
• URL (toolbar): search for an image URL.
• Search with a single engine, or all enabled ones, directly from the top-level context menu item, or the browser toolbar button (see options)
• Detect any image on the page, including those declared in CSS and pseudo-elements
• Select the desired image from a dialog when multiple images are found
• Search for images from private sites (see search modes)
• Search for local images
• Search for the current video frame
The context menu item is always visible, unless it is disabled. Visit the wiki for more details.
The extension is also available for Chrome, Edge and Firefox: https://github.com/dessant/search-by-image#readme
Reviews are not monitored for bug reports, please use GitHub for issues and feature requests.
- This extension can access your data on all websites.
- This extension can create rich notifications and display them to you in the system tray.
- This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.