Remote VLC™ Player is a lite addon that lets you control VLC media player via your browser's toolbar.
Note 1: before using the addon please make sure:
1. VLC application is running on your machine (PC/MAC).
2. You have the required VLC password to enter in addon's toolbar popup UI.
To get VLC password, please open VLC media player and head to: Tools > Preferences > Main interfaces > Lua. Within the Lua interpreter UI, please find the Lua HTTP field and set a desired password in the designated password area (i.e. 123). Next, please open toolbar popup UI in your browser and enter the above password in the input field. This password is used to connect the browser with VLC media player (via AJAX technology). Once the password is set, you will see a simple media player for controlling the VLC media player remotely.
Once you play a media (audio/video) in VLC media player on your machine (PC/MAC), you can control the music via toolbar popup UI. For example you can play or pause the media or adjust the volume.
Note 2: Remote VLC™ Player does NOT belong or relate to the official VLC (VideoLAN) application at all. It is basically an unofficial extension that is developed and maintained independently. The official VLC software is only released for desktop machines. This unofficial extension is a wrapper to the original VLC application and tries to make it usable as a browser extension.
Note 3: in order to report bugs, please fill the bug report form in the addon homepage (http://mybrowseraddon.com/remote-vlc-player.html).
- Deze extensie kan toegang krijgen tot je gegevens op alle websites.
- Deze extensie kan toegang krijgen tot je gegevens op sommige websites.
- This extension can create rich notifications and display them to you in the system tray.