Before you use this addon
Note: This add-on is aimed at power users. By default it does nothing on its own. In order to get the most out of it, you have to define your own rules for websites or at least make some decisions. Also, in case you use payment services, be advised to disable the "Global flag" feature temporarily. For example when using Paypal.com or other shopping/payment provider websites.
Long story made short
1) Use Global mode if you are surfing, this will remove all kind of cookies while you browsing the web if not protected by "profile" mode.
2) Use Auto flag settings which will remove all cookies for one website - this can be useful if you only want to automatically remove these page cookies also if you revisit the website later again, this setting is stored for the website.
3) Use Profile mode either globally for a website, protecting all cookies of that domain if nothing no cookies are picked. Or protect single cookies even when "Global flag" or "Auto flag" modes are active.
Flag Cookies distinguishes between http(s)://domain.net and http(s)://subdomain.domain.net for the following features:
- Detects and displays all loaded cookies and be able to delete those while browsing automatically through global or auto flag mode
- Flag cookies either to be explicitly deleted even without global or auto flag mode or set them to be permitted and protected from removal by global or auto flag modes
- Profile mode for a domain or cookies - to switch between logged into a website/service and not logged in modes in order to remove or keep cookies on demand
- Auto flag mode only affecting this particular (sub)domain, removing every cookie which is not permitted or used as profile cookie
- Preferences allows to manage logged in profile cookie, delete all domain settings and add-on settings and provides a Action log to display what Flag Cookies is doing
- Displays count of deleted cookies in the browser toolbar icon and in addition a summary of the action log when hovering the toolbar icon
- Import and export functionality of Flag Cookie settings under "Preferences". Note: Import does not work in 'private windows/tabs'.
- Keyboard Shortcut Alt + Shift + A to enable/disable profile mode for a (sub)domain
- Optional notifications, disabled by default for: profile mode shortcut activation/deactivation, cookies removed display and notifications enabled/disabled message
Help, documentation and usage
Please read along here inside the github wiki of the add-on:
Since version 3.0.28 translations can be created, if you want to help, please have a look here:
- Denne utvidelsen har tilgang til dataene dine på alle nettsteder.
- This extension can write data into the clipboard.
- This extension can create rich notifications and display them to you in the system tray.
- Denne utvidelsen har tilgang til fanene og nettleseraktiviteten din.
- This extension can store an unlimited amount of client-side data.