Tired of being tracked online? We can help.
At DuckDuckGo, we believe online privacy should be simple. That's why our extension has one single purpose — protecting your privacy in Opera. Together, these privacy essentials seamlessly help prevent your personal information from being exposed during everyday online activity.
• Escape Website Trackers Before They Load — We automatically stop most hidden trackers (3rd-party scripts) from loading, which prevents companies from collecting and using any personal data from these trackers. Our cutting-edge tracker blocking technology – called 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection – goes above and beyond what you get in most popular browsers by default.
• Enforce Encryption — force many sites you visit to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes.
• Block Email Trackers (Beta) — 70% of emails track you as soon as you open them. Enabling our Email Protection is the easy way to block most email trackers and hide your address without switching email services. Join the private waitlist for the free beta version through our mobile app settings menu.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference with GPC — built into the app, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your opt-out rights automatically by telling websites not to sell or share your personal information. Whether it can be used to enforce your legal rights (for example, current or future CCPA, GDPR requirements) depends on the laws in your jurisdiction.
• While the extension doesn’t include DuckDuckGo Private Search, it is built into Opera as a default search option. We recommend enabling DuckDuckGo as your default search engine alongside the Privacy Essentials extension to protect your search history.
PLUS EVEN MORE PROTECTION FROM:
• Fingerprinting — helps stop companies from trying to combine specific information about your browser and device settings to create a unique identifier for you that they can use to follow you around the web.
• Link Tracking — helps stop websites from gathering your browsing history and personal identifiers from links you click on.
• Social Trackers — block a lot of embedded social content around the web so companies like Facebook can't track you through their videos, posts, and comments found on other sites. You can easily unblock to view them if desired.
• Google AMP — force sites to load content directly from publishers instead of using Google-owned links, which are full of creepy trackers.
• Unexpected Cookies — prevent most 3rd-party tracking cookies from tracking you as you browse from site to site.
Note about our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection following DuckDuckGo ad clicks:
Our 3rd-Party Tracker Protection goes above and beyond what you get in most popular browsers by default, but we’re constantly working to make it more comprehensive. Currently, if an advertiser wants to detect conversions on their own website for our private DuckDuckGo search ads, our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection will not stop bat.bing.com requests from loading on the advertiser’s website following DuckDuckGo ad clicks, but those requests are stopped in all other contexts. This is because DuckDuckGo private search advertising is in partnership with Microsoft. As part of that partnership, viewing ads on DuckDuckGo is anonymous and Microsoft has committed to not profile our users’ ad clicks.
Read more about this and our Tracking Protections at https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/privacy/web-tracking-protections/
You don't need to wait to take back your privacy. Join the millions of people using DuckDuckGo and protect many of your everyday online activities. It's privacy, simplified.
MORE ABOUT OUR TECHNOLOGY:
Tracker Radar: https://spreadprivacy.com/duckduckgo-tracker-radar/
Smarter Encryption: https://spreadprivacy.com/duckduckgo-smarter-encryption/
MORE ABOUT DUCKDUCKGO:
• About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
• Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
• Open Source Code: https://github.com/duckduckgo/duckduckgo-privacy-extension
If you just want to use DuckDuckGo Search as your default search engine in Opera, you do not need this extension and can follow these install instructions instead: https://duckduckgo.com/install.
- Cette extension peut accéder à vos données sur tous les sites.
- Cette extension peut accéder à vos onglets et vos activités de navigation.