With Instant Translate translator app, you will be able to translate words and phrases between over 90 languages, use text-to-speech, and browse through already-done translations in the history.
Select text on sites, press shortcut, get translation! Or, use the pop-up window to enter the text on your own. It works even in PDF files, but only through the context menu.
Default shortcut to translate the selected text is Shift+T.
* 90+ languages supported
* offline history of translations
* view addresses where and when translations were made in history
* translate in the pop-up window that’s always in menu bar of the browser
* translate selected text using shortcuts
* translate selected text from the context menu
* translate selected text in PDF files from the context menu
* translate selected text on double-click
* unpin the pop-up window and drag it where you want
Everything is stored to the local history, where you can later find translations using embedded search, delete and manage your translations.
History can be also disabled in settings.
Almost any translation can be played back with the correct pronunciation.
There is a huge amount of languages that are a bit tricky to read correctly for an English-speaker, for example. Therefore, for such languages we provide transliteration along with translation. E.g., if you will be translating "Hello" into Chinese, Instant Translate will yield "你好" as translation and "Nǐ hǎo" as transliteration to get you rid of a conundrum how to read it.
Transliteration can be also disabled in settings.
DICTIONARY, I.E. A LOT OF SYNONYMS:
For majority of translations, Instant Translate will also show a lot of possibilities—divided by parts of speech—how the word can be substituted with analogs.
On almost any page (except Opera Add-ons, iframes and PDF files) you are able to select text and press Shift+T to see a tooltip with the translation. Moreover, in settings, you can create up to 9 shortcuts for different languages.
In addition to translation with a shortcut, we can add corresponding items to the context menu of the browser (when you select text and press the right button of your mouse). By clicking on them, you will also get the translated text in a tooltip.
TRANSLATING IN PDF:
In PDF files, you are able to translate selected text only from the context menu, since Opera restricts shortcuts in their PDF Viewer.
Instant Translate is a cross-platform app which is available for almost all major platforms. Check out our site for more information: http://insttranslate.com
Please, note that Instant Translate requires the Internet connection to translate something new what’s not saved in the history.
- This extension can access your data on all websites.
- This extension can access your proxy settings.
- This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.