Adguard AdBlocker effectively blocks all types of advertising on all web pages, even on Facebook, Youtube, and others!
What Adguard AdBlocker does:
1. Blocks all ads including:
- Video ads (including Youtube video ads)
- Rich media advertising like video ads, interstitial ads and floating ads
- Unwanted pop-ups
- Banners and text ads (including Facebook advertisements)
2. Speeds up page loading and saves bandwidth, thanks to the missing ads and pop up windows
3. Blocks many spyware, adware and dialer installers (optional)
4. Protects your privacy by blocking common third-party tracking systems (optional)
5. Protects you from malware and phishing (optional)
Why Adguard AdBlocker is better than Adblock or AdBlock Plus?
1. Adguard AdBlocker is really fast and lightweight. It uses half as much memory as other popular solutions: Adblock, Adblock Plus, and even outperform uBlock.
2. Adguard can handle Anti-AdBlock scripts. You won't have to turn off the AdBlocker anymore to be able to visit the websites that are using such scripts. Just send a complaint to our tech support and we'll handle it.
3. Adguard is simply better looking and modern.
How Adguard AdBlocker can protect your privacy?
Just enable "Spyware and tracking filter" in Adguard's settings. It completely removes all forms of tracking from the internet. Adguard has one of the largest tracker filter containing more than 5,000 rules. It is even larger than the databases Ghostery® and Disconnect have.
How to remove Social Media with Adguard?
Tired of all the «Like» buttons and similar widgets infesting all of your frequented web pages? Just enable Adguard's "Social media filter" and forget about them.
How Adguard AdBlocker can protect you from online threats?
At the moment we’ve got more than 1,800,000 harmful web sites on record. Adguard can block domains known to spread malware, protecting your computer against viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spy- and adware. Adguard really lowers risk of virus infections and prohibits access to harmful websites to prevent potential attacks.
Full release notes:
What's new in version 2.3.8:
[Added] Annoyances filter
This filter blocks irritating elements on webpages, including cookie notices, third-party widgets and in-page popups (Doesn't include social media widgets and buttons, to block them you can still use Social media filter separately). It was inspired by Fanboy Annoyances List, but doesn't duplicate it, so you can use them both together.
[Added] New ad blocking "Assistant" UI
[Added] Assistant core code refactoring. We've reworked the whole Assistant module in order for it to be reused in other Adguard products. For instance, the same code is used in Adguard for iOS manual element blocking feature.
[Fixed] An issue with creating an invalid rule
[Added] Blocking WebSocket connections
[Changed] Code for chromium extension was massively refactored in order to port our extension to Microsoft Edge browser
[Changed] Adguard now stores filters using chromium storage API instead of the file system like we did earlier. This has finally resolved all compatibility issues we had with CCleaner
[Fixed] Gmail.com tabs become irresponsive after cancelling selector menu
[Changed] When both 'Blocked' and 'Whitelist' checkboxes are selected, the log should display Blocked+Whitelisted requests
[Fixed] Turn off caching for requests downloading filter updates
[Fixed] XMLDocument can be a valid HTML document
[Fixed] Enabling 'Use optimized filters' distorts filter count
[Fixed] Wrong preview is shown while blocking elements on yandex.ru
[Fixed] Wrong area selection shown on yandex.ru
[Fixed] $genericblock modifier does not work properly
[Fixed] Selector border position is wrong (below the actually selected element)
What's new in version 2.2.4:
* Fixed a compatibility issue with CCLeaner
What's new in version 2.2.3:
* "Block ads on this site" button now works as intended if several windows are opened
* "Selector" module code refactoring
* Fixed an issue with selector module creating an invalid filter rule
What's new in version 2.1.5:
+ An option to use "optimized" filters
+ Domain security check in a "private" way
+ Adguard now uses shadow DOM for CSS rules
+ Adguard now displays the actual number of the rules used by the extension
+ Added "Allow useful ads" item to the "thank you" page
+ Added $genericblock modifier support
+ Added $generichide modifier support
* $elemhide rules are now applied to "Documents" only
* $popup rules are now applied to "Documents" only
* Adguard now increments "blocked items" counter every time
* Refactored UI and background services communication
* Update copyrights to 2016 everywhere
* Fixed a bug with invalid rule constructed by "Block ad on this website" feature
* User filter is now loaded first (before other filters)
What's new in version 2.0.16:
+ Added Turkish filter
* Changed the way how elements are collapsed
* Fixed an issue with adding filter subscription when filters server is unavailable
* Fixed layout
* Updated embedded filters
* Updated translations
What's new in version 2.0.15:
* Added $font, $media and $other modifiers support
* Removed setTimeout calls
What's new in version 2.0.14:
* Added "Whitelist" filter to Filtering Log
* Fixed an issue with $object-subrequest modifier in Chromium
What's new in version 2.0.13:
* Fixed an issue with pages blocked by "Browsing Security" in Incognito mode.
* Fixed a bug with Browsing Security in "Inverted Whitelist" mode.
* Some minor improvements and code refactoring
What's new in version 2.0.12:
+ Important changes in ad filters usage statistics collection
+ Adguard add-on now respects private/incognito mode and does not collect filters usage stats for such tabs
+ Added subscribe.adblockplus.org links support
+ Added French language
+ Added Italian language
+ Added Indonesian language
+ Added Spanish language
+ Added Slovakian language
* Fixed abp:subscribe links
* Removed Send complaint link from blank pages
* Some minor fixes
What's new in version 2.0.9:
+ Added inverted whitelist feature
+ Added Korean language
+ Added Serbian language
+ Added Chinese language
* Fixed object-subrequest modifier work
* Fixed some minor bugs
What's new in version 2.0.7:
+ Added abp:subscribe urls support
+ Added pixel-perfect icons
+ Added Turkish language
+ Added Portuguese language
+ Added Polish language
* Fixed a bug with non-ascii symbols in user filter and whitelist
* Fixed a bug with detecting tab when link was opening a new window
* Fixed an issue with flashing blocked images in Chrome-based browsers
* Some minor optimizations, removed redundant code
What's new in version 2.0.4:
+ Significantly improved performance and memory usage
+ New Filtering Log. Now it is much more than a list of requests processed by Adguard – this is a full-fledged filter development tool. With the help of the Filtering Log you will be able to analyze what requests are blocked or allowed by Adguard. Analysis is not the only task of the Filtering Log, just a couple of clicks and you can block or unlock any request.
+ “Pause protection” function
+ Adguard goes Open Source. Source code is published under the terms of GNU Lesser General Public License.
What's new in version 220.127.116.11:
+ Improved integration with Adguard for Windows and for Mac
+ Added support of regexp-rules
* Improved filtering speed
* Fixed several minor bugs
What's new in version 18.104.22.168:
* Optimized ad filters processing
* Fixed bugs with blocking page elements
* Minor bugfixes
* Minor UI fixes
What's new in version 22.214.171.124:
+ Added capability to use known ABP filter subscriptions.
What's new in version 126.96.36.199:
* Added context menu
* Fixed manual blocking of flash objects
What's new in version 188.8.131.52:
* We have done code refactoring, part of it is now used in Adguard for Firefox
* Fixed the work of Exception rules for Elements hiding
* Fixed the display of notifications about automatically activated filters on youtube.com
* Fixed some integration bugs with Adguard for Windows
* Fixed a bug with tracking ad filters statistics
What's new in version 184.108.40.206:
+ We have reduced memory usage even more
+ Extension now uses secured connections to communicate with our servers
+ Added option "Send statistics for ad filters usage"
+ Added "Reset statistics" button
+ Added Export/Import of the whitelist
+ Minor UI changes
What's new in version 220.127.116.11:
* Minor bugfixes
What's new in version 18.104.22.168:
+ Added integration with Adguard for PC
What's new in version 22.214.171.124:
+ Improved filtration speed
What's new in version 126.96.36.199:
+ Added german language
+ Added ukrainian language
What's new in version 188.8.131.52:
+ Log added
+ Filtering bugs fixed
+ Stabilized extension work
+ Improved the code to support more browsers
+ Sites in the whitelist are not blocked by Browsing Security
In addition to browser extensions, there is also an Adguard version for Windows.
You can download it on the website adguard.com.
How does it differ from the browser extension:
+ Blocks ads in all browsers.
+ Blocks ads even better (although it would seem that it just couldn’t be even more better :)).
+ Blocks requests to dangerous sites, instead of just warning about them.
+ Contains Parental Control module. When it is enabled, you can safely leave your children alone with the internet.
+ Allows you to install extensions (userscripts) - Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey analogue for all browsers.
+ Integrated with the Web of Trust (WOT, mywot.com). With us, you will be assured of reliability of the websites that you are visiting.
Free and Open Source:
Found a bug? Have a problem and need help? Visit our forum: https://forum.adguard.com/
- This extension can access your data on all websites.
- This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.