An efficient blocker: easy on memory and CPU footprint, and yet can load and enforce thousands more filters than other popular blockers out there.
Usage: The big power button in the popup is to permanently disable/enable uBlock for the current web site. It applies to the current web site only, it is not a global power button.
Flexible, it's more than an "ad blocker": it can also read and create filters from hosts files.
Out of the box, these lists of filters are loaded and enforced:
- Peter Lowe’s Ad server list
- Online Malicious URL Blocklist
More lists are available for you to select if you wish:
- Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List
- Dan Pollock’s hosts file
- MVPS HOSTS
- And many others
Of course, the more filters enabled, the higher the memory footprint. Yet, even after adding Fanboy's two extra lists, hpHosts’s Ad and tracking servers, uBlock still has a lower memory footprint than other very popular blockers out there.
Also, be aware that selecting some of these extra lists may lead to higher likelihood of web site breakage -- especially those lists which are normally used as hosts file.
Without the preset lists of filters, this extension is nothing. So if ever you really do want to contribute something, think about the people working hard to maintain the filter lists you are using, which were made available to use by all for free.
Open source with public license (GPLv3)
For users by users.
Contributors @ Github: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/graphs/contributors
Contributors @ Crowdin: https://crowdin.net/project/ublock
Project change log:
- Ma-a-access ng extension na ito ang iyong data sa lahat ng website.
- Ma-a-access ng extension na ito ang iyong data sa ilang website.
- Mamamanipula ng extension na ito ang mga setting na kaugnay-sa-pagkapribado.
- Ma-a-access ng extension na ito ang aktibidad ng iyong mga tab at pagba-browse.
- This extension can store an unlimited amount of client-side data.