Like NoScript, ScriptWeeder gives the user control back over which scripts are loaded in a page. It is much nicer and flexible to use however, no need to fight with every new website here !
I embarked on this project because i wasn't thrilled with what was available for opera at the time. Main goal is to provide:
- an interface that's a treat to use, right under your hand
- filtering logic that is both powerful and easy to use.
It's got a few unique features:
- Toolbar/Page button display
- Zero click interface, just mouse over!
- Custom style support !
- Block scripts in iframes
- Different filtering modes
[ Opera <= 12 ]
ScriptWeeder was written for Opera 11 and 12, Chrome based Opera 15+ isn't supported.
[ Screenshots ]
The first two screenshots show the default interface in toolbar and page mode, last one uses 'Clear Style' custom style by laurenbacall.
[ Inline Scripts Blocking ]
Depending on your setup there may be limitations for inline script blocking. This page will tell you if you're affected:
If so the first inline script of a page can't be blocked. This weakens 'Block All' mode and iframe blocking a bit (external scripts blocking is fully functional however). If you care about this install the UserJS version of ScriptWeeder, it has no problem with this.
Cool thing is it's possible to install both together to get the best of both worlds: the extension provides the toolbar button, and userjs sound blocking.
More info on the project homepage.
[ See Also ]
- ScriptKeeper: works more like NoScript, polished ui.
- Opera addons:
Ghostery, FlashBlock, NotScripts, External Scripts, Google Classic, Straight Google.
- Check your opera privacy settings, especially referrer !
- ยังไม่มีรีวิว เป็นคนแรกที่โพสต์รีวิว!