"Link Virus Check - Security Plus" extension is a browser extension that provides free checking of infected URLs for different types of viruses. It uses up to 64 different antivirus products and scan engines to check for viruses that the user's antivirus solution may have missed or to verify against any false positives.
1. Powered by VirusTotal online service
2. Analyzes suspicious URLs with more than 64 different antivirus products
3. Facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware
What is VirusTotal:
VirusTotal aggregates many antivirus products and online scan engines to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus may have missed, or to verify against any false positives. Files up to 650 MB can be uploaded to the website, or sent via email (max. 32MB). Anti-virus software vendors can receive copies of files that were flagged by other scans but passed by their own engine, to help improve their software. Users can also scan suspect URLs and search through the VirusTotal dataset. VirusTotal for dynamic analysis of malware uses the Cuckoo sandbox.
How can I use this extension?
After installation, whenever you want to download a suspicious file (PDF, EXE, PPT, ...), first right-click on the link and use the "Scan this Link" option that is provided by this extension. If the link has no positive result, it will get a green clean badge, otherwise, you get a red label and a button to visit the full report.
- Tillägget kan få tillgång till data på vissa webbplatser.
- This extension can create rich notifications and display them to you in the system tray.