This extension streamlines sending images to GIMP, eliminating the need for manual saving. If the image has a valid URL, it is transmitted directly to GIMP. In the case of an image in DATA URL format, it is temporarily stored in your system's temporary directory, after which GIMP is invoked to open this image (you can modify this behavior via the options page).
1. To use this extension, you must have the GIMP photo editor installed, which can be obtained from https://www.gimp.org/downloads/.
2. If the extension cannot automatically locate GIMP, you can specify its location on the options page.
3. For this extension to function and open images in the GIMP photo editor, a native connector must be installed. Instructions for installing the native client will be provided when attempting to open an image link with this extension.
4. This extension operates as an open-source project, and you are welcome to visit and contribute code.
1. The ability to download images and transmit local file paths to GIMP.
2. Directly send image links to GIMP (though not recommended).
-- Legal Disclaimer:
This extension offers a convenient means of facilitating access to GIMP but is not affiliated with or a part of the GIMP photo editor. It is an independent, open-source project.
- This extension can exchange messages with programs other than Opera.