This extension will surround YouTube™ videos with ambient light inside your browser. No need for extra hardware like lightstrips or smart lights like ambilight, it's all in your browser!
A video card with a score of at least 5000 points in the PassMark G3D Mark benchmark is recommended.
Check your video card's score here: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php
With a score lower than 5000 the extension will still work but it is likely that the YouTube video page will be slow and/or stuttering.
1. Ambient light
2. Black bars
- Remove black bars
- Also remove colored bars
- Fill video to screen width
- Size (scale/zoom)
4. Video page content
- Hide when scrolled to top
- Hide in theater mode
- Hide scrollbar
- WebGL renderer (Uses less power, Experimental)
- Switch to the light theme when turned off
1. Ambient light
- Edge size
- Fade out start
- Fade out curve
- Debanding (noise/dithering)
- Top, right, bottom, left
4. Black bars
- Black bar detection offset
- Black bar size (manual control)
- Reset black bars next video
5. Video page content
- Shadow only on text and buttons
- Images transparency
- Show framerate
- Limit framerate (per second)
- Synchronization: Display framerate, Video framerate
- Sync video with ambient light
- Smooth motion (frame blending)
- Enable in fullscreen
You view the source code and can contribute to this open source project at https://github.com/WesselKroos/youtube-ambilight
Privacy & Security
This extension only runs on tabs that start with the url https://www.youtube.com. The extension will only activate the ambient light effect on YouTube's /watch page
The only requests being sent are crash reports to Sentri.io. No other requests are sent to any webserver, website or api.
While doing so we take into account your Do Not Track preference. For more information about Do Not Track visit https://allaboutdnt.com
- 이 확장 기능은 일부 웹 사이트의 데이터에 액세스할 수 있습니다.