- Automatically halts playback in a hidden YouTube tab.
- Automatically resumes playback when the tab regains focus.
- The option to deactivate the functionality via the action button (might have been hidden in the extension menu. If so you can pin the button to the toolbar area).
How it works:
A mini script is injected exclusively on YouTube pages to manage the player's play/pause status based on the visibility of the document. When a YouTube tab is brought to the forefront, the player automatically resumes, akin to hitting the play button. Conversely, when the document becomes hidden, the player automatically pauses, simulating the effect of pressing the pause button.
Imagine having multiple YouTube players across various tabs. Only the active player is in playback mode when focused, while all other players pause.
- Version 0.1.1: The extension can now be toggled on and off using the toolbar button, which is particularly handy for listening to YouTube videos in the background.
- Version 0.2.0: The extension now utilizes manifest v3 and requires Opera version "95" or newer for the update to be applied.
- הרחבה זו יכולה לגשת למידע שלך באתרי אינטרנט מסוימים.