thinkContext is a web browser extension which adds contextually relevant, politically progressive information to your web browsing.
Want to support companies that support LGBT rights? How about finding out if workers at that hotel you are about to book are unionized? Does that restaurant pay a living wage? thinkContext puts this information at your finger tips into the web browsing you already do empowering you to live your progressive values.
thinkContext inserts information about progressive campaigns that are related to a particular thing. A thing is usually a company but it does not have to be, it could be a movie or a place, for example. We're able to associate campaign information with things in the following contexts:
* Next to search engine results on Google, Google Maps, Bing, Yahoo and DuckDuckGo
* In the browser address bar when you visit a thing's website.
* Next to text ads that reference a thing's web address. Currently we do this for ads on search engines, Facebook, Gmail, and several third party ad networks (ie Google's Adsense)
* On social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
* For members of US Congress in any text when their name is mentioned with their title (ie a news article mentioned "")
* Hotels, restaurants and movies when they appear on topical websites (ie Yelp, TripAdvisor, IMDB)
We pull information from the following progressive campaigns. When you are browsing look for the icons next to each source, they indicate there's available information.
* B Corporations are companies certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
* Bechdel Movie Test - Indicates whether a movie passes the Bechdel Test, that is, if a movie contains two women that at some point speak to each other about something besides a man.
* Climate Counts Company Scorecard - See how serious companies are about stopping climate change - and how they compare to their sector competitors. The annually updated scorecard reflects the self-reported efforts of companies to address climate change - or avoid it altogether.
* Congressional Influence Explorer - See major donors to members of Congress
* Fair Food Program - The Fair Food Program, created by the Coalition of Immokalee Workers, is a farmworker and consumer-driven initiative improving wages and conditions. It ensures farmworkers are paid and treated fairly with large food buyers committing to a code of conduct.
* Green Pages - highlights companies committed to using business as a platform for social change
* Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index - Rates companies on corporate policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
* NAACP Civil Rights Legislative Reportcard - Scores Congress on key civil rights legslative votes
* PETA Beauty Without Bunnies - Informs on which companies do and do not test their products on animals
* Political Fact Checker - PolitiFact is a project of the Tampa Bay Times and its partners to help you find the truth in politics.
* Restaurant Oportunites Center Ethical Diner's Guide a list of restaurants which provide decent working conditions for their employees. See which eateries pay their workers a living wage, provide sick days and offer opportunities for advancement.
* Stop Rush Limbaugh - tracks companies that advertise on Rush Limbaugh's radio show
* Unite Here Union Hotel Guide - Lists which hotels have unionized workers and which are involved in a labor dispute. More info
* Who Has Your Back? - Ratings from the Electronic Frontier Foundation of how Internet companies do in protecting their users' data from government requests
* Who Profits - Tracks companies which are involved in Israeli settlements in the Palestinian Territories
- הרחבה זו יכולה לגשת למידע שלך באתרי אינטרנט מסוימים.
- אין אף סקירה כרגע. היה הראשון לפרסם סקירה!