This extension adds a toolbar button which, when clicked, displays the QR-code for the current page's URL. The QR-code can be scanned by a mobile device with a camera, using an appropriate mobile application, to open the URL directly on the mobile device. This makes it simpler to send URLs from a desktop computer or a mobile device to another mobile device, thus saving the need to retype the whole address.
To generate a QR, simply press on the extension's toolbar button. A popup with the QR and additional controls will appear. You can configure the QR using the controls, and it will automatically be regenerated as the controls are adjusted.
* Very fast. No need to wait for a server's response. QR-codes generated in real-time
* Works even when offline, no network connection required
* Maintains privacy: Encoded URLs are NOT sent over the network. May be safely enabled for use with secure and private tabs
* Original license-free implementation of ISO 18004
* Supports any URL type, including "data:" (You must enable the extension to interact with secure sites through the "Extension Privacy Settings" for it to work with "https:")
* Click on the generated QR code to view or save as a PNG in a new tab (As of version 1.1)
* Option to view or save as an SVG instead of a PNG, accessible via the extension's preferences (Found under the "Manage Extensions" view)
* Configurable: The error-correction level can be selected by the user. Defaults to the highest error-correction level which still leaves enough space for the encoded URL
* Highly configurable: The size of the QR-code can be selected by the user. Defaults to the smallest size in which the URL can be encoded at the selected error-correction level
* Very highly configurable: The false-positive prevention mask can be selected by the user. Defaults to the best-scoring mask as defined by ISO 18004
A note on masks: The score for a mask represents a "penalty". A lower score indicates a better mask. Masks are designed to maintain an even ratio of dark/light areas, and prevent/reduce the appearance of special patterns which might confuse a scanner.
The extension's icon is a Micro QR-code, which slightly differs from the standard QR-codes generated by this extension. Unfortunately, there was not enough room for a standard QR-code.
- Cette extension peut modifier ou ajouter des fonctionnalités à un ou plusieurs sites web.