The Vewd TV Simulator enables any developers to test and debug their HTML5 apps for the Vewd App Store. It emulates Vewd Core version 4.0 and later which powers millions of Smart TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top boxes across the world.
- Install and enable the extension using Opera for computers
- Type in the URL you want to test and debug in the address bar
- Press the small extension icon to start the emulation so it turns red
- Start testing and debugging
- Functional key mappings - VK_KEY button emulation, including directional, enter, back and colour buttons (r,g,b,y).
- User agent - Add or update multiple custom user agent strings.
- Overscan support - Overscan is a common problem on TVs, where some parts of the app UI is not displayed on the TV screen. This option shows the safe area on the TV screen where the app UI will always be shown.
- Draggable popup with information appears when window.close function is called. This is useful for testing window.close behaviour in your app.
- localStorage disabled - In the Vewd App Store environment, localStorage support is disabled due to little memory available on the devices. If localStorage is used, a popup message appears warning the developer.
To use navigation, color keys, playback control keys (VK_PLAY etc.) with the keyboard please consider the following mapping:
Left - left arrow
Right - right arrow
Up - up arrow
Down - down arrow
Back - backspace key
Enter - Enter
Tips and tricks:
- After the installation is finished you can check "Allow access to file URLs" to emulate local files - e.g file://foo/bar/index.html
- By default, the extension will only work with the URLs you enabled it for, and not for all tabs. The extension is automatically starting for the URL you enabled it for
- This extension can access your data on all websites.
- This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.