Hold Ctrl, select movie title on the page and get movie rating on the icon instantly. Click on "Go to IMDb" button to open this movie's IMDb page in a new tab. Use Command key (⌘) if you are on Mac. You can change hotkeys on Preferences page.
* It will not work for pages that were opened before the extension had been installed. Just reload the page and you are done.
* In some cases the rating you get on the icon can differ from the one on the IMDb page a little bit. It's intended behavior as this allows considerably save your network traffic and improves extension's performance.
1) Google Search — rating is loaded from Google Search results page; fastest but does not work for TV series.
2) IMDb Site — rating is loaded from IMDb site; most accurate rating but highest traffic usage.
3) imdbapi.com — rating is loaded from http://www.imdbapi.com; low traffic usage but can be very slow.
* Oleksandr Shyshko (see the support page for details).
* Anton K. for huge help.
Q) Clicking on the button switches me to IMBb but it does not go to the movie I've highlighted.
A) By default to activate the extension you need to select the text holding Ctrl key so that Ctrl key should be pressed when you finish selecting and release Left Mouse Button.
Q) I want to get the rating for each text I highlight with mouse and don't want pressing any hotkeys.
A) Go to Preferences (right click on "Go to IMDb" icon -> Preferences) and check off all checkboxes on "Start search on" section.
Q) Extension does not find any results and shows "?" all time.
A) Go to preferences and try to switch the Data Source option.
- This extension can modify or add functionality to one or more websites.