Currently most sites haven't linked high resolution icons which Opera 11.10+ could use as speed dial logos.
This extension adds such links to site DOM. Therefore it improves speed dial informativeness since logos in speed dial are more readable than site thumbnails.
Important: extension works with Opera 11.10+ only. In previous versions of Opera it will have no effect
Features of this extension:
* Most popular sites are supported out of the box as well as some less popular sites - over 250 sites!
Images hosted on that sites was used when there are suitable images. Otherwise - images from image hostings.
* You don't have to close Opera while configuring logos as in case of standalone logo configurator application.
* You don't have to configure logos shipped with extension.
Just use opera synchronization and enjoy speed dial with logos without any additional effort.
Of course this is not applied to sites that are not in extension's database by default.
* Local images are also supported. Just enter path to local image in logo rules
If you work with a number of computers and don't want to add each custom site on each computer you can do it once and
copy your data to another computers using backup and restore functions.
Even better solution is to send your favorite site's logos to me so I could add them into extension database in future versions.
Post your favorite sites and their logos at http://forcespeeddiallogos.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=20129
Large source of logos is the site http://userlogos.org.
1. Install extension
2. If you want that Opera used logos for sites using encrypted protocol (https)
then ensure that this extension is allowed to run on secure sites.
3. Not mandate but recommended: reduce values of options opera:config#UserPrefs|ThumbnailIconMinWidth
and opera:config#UserPrefs|ThumbnailIconMinHeight for example to 30 and 20 respectively.
Some sites has low logos and with Opera default settings will be ignored by Opera
4. Reload speed dial (reload button or F5 key when empty page with speed dial is active) or reload speed dial items individually.
Opera may cache old thumbnails so it is needed to reload speed dial items more then one time.
When Opera generates many thumbnails at the same time then many of them may not get logo. Solution is to reload items individually again
- This extension can modify or add functionality to one or more websites.