Essentially it's a NIGHT MODE for all html based websites. This extension dims websites backgrounds and turns other elements (mostly texts) into brighter, easy readable color.
Extension is under development.
How to use:
After installation it does nothing except adding toolbar button. When you click it with left mouse button the website background will dim a little bit. If you do it again it will dim further. Usually you'll also notice that text changed its color also.
When you click the plugin button with the right mouse button the menu will appear with following positions that can control how the extension behaves:
- Reset Colors - removes all changes that were made to the websites colors.
- Night Mode - Turns on the plugin to apply automatically to every website you visiting.
- Smooth Fades - Turns on smooth transitions of colors.
- Dim More - internal algorithm uses more aggressive way to dim down websites. In some cases it can give better results but can also make other websites unreadable.
- Text Color Green, Text Color Blue... - lets you choose what text color you like to see.
All settings mentioned above, except 'Reset Colors' are stored and apply to the extension behavior globally. Additionally you can use key shortcut "Alt + Shift + D" to manually dim website.
Plugin tries to make browsing and reading websites texts in the dark more comfortable and easy on eyes. It doesn't apply any site-specific styling so sometimes can cause not necessarily desired effect but in most cases it works just fine. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and bunch of other websites are perfectly legible. It doesn't affect pictures or videos in any way (now, I'll consider it in the future). Some websites contain elements that can't be reached by the extension so it will stay fully or partially in the original state although it can change with the further plugin development.
- 'Allow access to file URLs'
This permission is not necessary if you don't open websites (.html files) from your local disk or if you don't care if plugin can operate on them.
- 'Allow in private mode'
The same goes for this permission: if you don't like to let Website Dimmer work in Private Mode this is not required.
- This extension can access your data on all websites.
- This extension can access your data on some websites.
- This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.
Reviews and ratings
- No reviews yet. Be the first to post a review!