This extension starts Tor executable in a background and on successful connection, redirects all your traffic through Tor anonymous network to increase user privacy. Also when Tor is connected, WebRTC is disabled to prevent IP leakage.
Note that for the extension to run Tor executable, you will need to install a minimal NodeJS executable. This is a bridge connector to allow the extension to execute Tor commands.
It is possible to request new identity (new IP) right from the extension toolbar panel. Also since the extension uses its own communication port, there will be no conflict with other running instances of Tor (like Tor Browser).
Please read FAQ #1 in the following page to prepare the extension to use Tor. For now, Tor bundle is prepared for Mac OS and Windows.
FAQs page: http://add0n.com/tor-control.html
If you have a suggestion to improve this extension or have found a bug please report on
- This extension can access your data on some websites.
- This extension will manage your extensions.
- This extension can manipulate privacy-related settings.
- This extension can access your proxy settings.
- This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.
Reviews and ratings
- No reviews yet. Be the first to post a review!