This Opera extension adds a button to right of the omnibox when a CRX file or Firefox addon has been detected.
This button appears in the following extension stored:
- Chrome Web Store
- Opera add-ons gallery
- Firefox add-ons gallery
- Thunderbird add-ons gallery
- Microsoft Edge Addons store
Upon clicking the button, three actions become available:
- Download extension as zip file
- View source
- Install extension
The default action (showing the above options) can be changed via the "Primary action on click" menu that appears when you right-click on the extension button.
The "View source" option opens a new tab with a simple viewer, with the following features:
- Download-as-zip and download-as-crx at the upper-right corner.
- List of file names, and the option to filter files with a regular expression.
- Find files containing a string, or with content matching a regular expression.
- Quickly jump between search results, or from/to a specific line.
- Automatic beautification (formatting) of code
- Syntax highlighting
- Image preview
- Show hashes (md5, sha1, sha256, sha384, sha512) of the file content.
- View content of embedded zip files.
- Download Chrome Web Store extensions for a different platform (e.g. Chrome OS or NaCl).
- View the contents of any URL or zip file.
- Permalink to file and search result within a zip or extension file.
It is also possible to view the source code of Chrome, Opera 15+ and Firefox extensions that are hosted elsewhere. Further, there is an option to show a contextmenu entry on links whose target is a Chromium extension. Both features can be toggled at the options page.
Online demo with similar functionality: https://robwu.nl/crxviewer/
- This extension can access your data on all websites.
- This extension can access your data on some websites.
- This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.