The extension provides functionality of closing tabs that are right (or left) of current (focused) tab, that is known from Chrome browser.
It's compatible with both Opera 11 and 12.
Usage: click the extension button on the toolbar, to close all tabs that are right/left of the current tab. To choose which side will be closed (right or left) go to the preferences page and choose one option.
It's not fancy, nor sophisticated - just to work.
- you can't have both (left and right) buttons - Opera extensions are limited to 1 button only
- in Opera 11 it won't work when current tab is speed dial (or any other 'special' tab, because of Opera extension API - they can't be accessed); also, it won't close those kind of tabs
After installing, restart your browser (so it would work with tabs opened before installing).
About other things:
- no, I can't do a right-click (context) menu in the tabs, for this functionality - extensions in Opera can't do it
- no, I won't make a shortcut - it's somewhat hacking the Opera, and extensions in Opera don't allow it
- no, I won't make another version of this - because I don't understand the need for having both 'close left of' and 'close right of' buttons (can anybody present me a use case for using both?). Extension is free to modify, and you could make your own if you want.
- Toto rozšíření může měnit či rozšířit funkcionalitu některých webů.